1. Does the library charge for overdue books?
The Wheelock College Library does not charge fines for overdue Wheelock Library materials, except for Tests and Assessments. However, overdue items that are not returned to the Library promptly may affect your borrowing privileges. In addition, you will be charged a lost item and lost item processing fee.
2. How can I renew a book?Materials may be renewed once, if no one else has requested the item, and if the item is not overdue. You can renew books over the phone, in person, or online through the Library's catalog.
To renew books online
- Go to My Library Account and enter your ID number (the number on your Fenway card beneath the barcode) and your last name.
- Scroll down to the list of "Charged Items".
- Check the boxes next to those items you wish to renew and then click the "Request Renewal" button at the bottom of the list. The status of your request will appear to the right of the title.
3. How can I tell where a book is? The catalog just says "Wheelock Main."
First, look for the call number above the words "Wheelock Main" in the online catalog (FLO). A green check mark shows that the book is available in the library.
Look for your book on these floors of the Wheelock Library by call number as shown:
Floor 3M: call numbers 000 - 306.7
Floor 4: call numbers 306.7 - 808
Floor 4M: call numbers 809 - 999
4. How do I return books if the library is closed?
The Library has a book return slot located to the right of the main door.
5. What is in the online catalog?The online catalog--also known as the FLO catalog--shows materials held at Wheelock College Library and the nine other FLO libraries.
books (including e-books), videos and DVDs, curriculum materials (including children's literature), course reserve materials, reference books, and tests and assessments.
Specify a title, author, subject heading or search in all fields.
Tip: Limit your search to Wheelock on the drop down menu under the search box if you only want to see material from our collection.
6. What is my library card number?
Your library card number is the 13-digit number between the two letters "A" on the back of your ID.
7. What media (AV) equipment is available from the Library?
The Library offers a variety of audio-visual equipment to the Wheelock Community, available through the front Service Desk.
The Library also serves as a pick-up and drop-off location for laptop and projector combination rolling carts which have been reserved through the Technology Department (x2309).
8. When are you open?The Library's hours are posted on the website, with each day's hours highlighted next to the clock.
Hours vary at the end of the semester, during vacations, summers and holidays.
9. Where are the bathrooms?
There are bathrooms on Floors B, 1M, 2M, 3M, 4, and 4M.
- 0. Basic FAQs
- 1. Finding Books and Videos
- 1a. Finding Curriculum and Assessment Resources
- 2. Using Course Reserves
- 3. Borrowing Library Materials
- 4. Using Interlibrary Loan
- 5. Searching Library Databases for Journal Articles
- 6. Getting Started with an Assignment
- 7. Using AV and Digital Media Equipment
- 8. Using the University Archives
- 9. Especially for Faculty
- 9a. Off-Campus and Online Learning
- 9b. Copyright and Fair Use